Are you hiding your arms because they are flabby and have that jiggle effect when waving to a friend? Good news! No more jiggle arms, or as many call them “grandma arms”! We will be doing some toning exercises to have sexy arms and wave proudly without having to worry about saggy skin. These exercises are for everyone, no excuse. You can be at home, office, gym, watching tv, or just anywhere. Ideally, you will need a pair of dumbbells, or you can use some canned products, or something weighting between 3-10 pounds, or nothing at all. You see? I told you, there were no excuses. Now, get ready to shape up those biceps and triceps.
Ok, Anna, what is the secret for those sexy arms? Main secret is your determination to have those toned arms, simple as that. If you are motivated, then, the rest is easy because your motivation toward those firm arms will make you do the exercises happily while visualizing shapelier upper arms. Although doing exercises from different angles is key to firm arms, the idea is to tone and tighten the triceps because that is where mainly we see the jiggling effect because fat cells are deposited in this area. Combining your cardio exercises and these arm exercises will help you eliminate fat faster.
You can have toned arms by doing the following simple exercises. I suggest you do them every 2-3 days, and you will start seeing results after 4 weeks or less. Remember, it is always important to let muscles rest at least 48 hours. All exercises should be done slowly to create enough muscle tension, which purpose is to tire the muscle, instead of doing faster movements. Intensity is the secret; choose a comfortable amount of dumbbell weights to challenge your muscles beyond their capacity. This intensity effort will give you faster firm arms. Let”s roll …
15 MINUTES FOR FIRM ARMS – BASIC ROUTINE (home, work, park, or gym)
If you are sitting at your desk, you can take few minutes to do some of the exercises. Another option, you can do these exercises while watching TV, or at the gym. For example, when I am watching TV and running out of time I do the exercises, better than not doing them.
TRICEPS OVERHEAD STRETCH Sitting or Standing 2-4 sets of 15-20 repetitions (3 minutes approximately)
1. Extend your arms toward the ceiling with a dumbbell in each hand, palms facing each other. (if not having a dumbbell at work, you can use a heavy book, your bottles of water, a slim phone book-not too heavy)
2. Slowly bend your elbows, lowering the weights to the sides of your head. Keep your elbows firm to have that tension feeling, move only your forearms. Do the movements slow; the point is to feel the tension, making the triceps work.
Hint: If working at the office desk in front of the computer, you may take a brief pause to do this exercise.
TRICEPS BENCH DIPS (this is one of the most effective.. at least for me! Almost similar to “Seated bench dip” at the gym) (3 minutes)
1. Place yourself opposing a bench (table/chair) and place your hands on the edge while keeping your arms straight.
2. Slowly bend your elbows, allowing your butt to descend below the level of the bench.
3. Your elbows should stay close to your body through the entire movement.
4. Reverse direction and go back to original position, straightening your arms.
SEATED ONE-ARM – Dumbbell extension 2-4 sets (3 minutes approximately)
1. Sit on a flat bench/chair and grasp a dumbbell
2. Bend your elbow and let the weight to hang down behind your head.
3. Slowly straighten your arm, make sure to keep your elbow back and pointing toward the ceiling.
4. Hint: Contacting your triceps, then repeat entire set.
HINT: You can do this while reading your news on the internet, or while watching TV.
TWO- ARM Press with dumbbells (2-4-sets) (This is one of my favorites) (3 minutes)
1. Lying back with your feet firmly on the floor.
2. Get 2 dumbbells, straighten your arms, dumbbells must be over your chest.
3. Elbows should point toward the ceiling, now slowly lower the dumbbells until reaching just above the level of your forehead.
4. Press the dumbbells back and straighten to original position.
DUMBBELL KICKBACK (2 minutes)
1. Sitting or standing
2. Grasp a dumbbell with your left arm and press your arm againt your side with elbows bent at 90-degree angles.
3. Palm facing your body, raise the weight by straightening your arm until it is parallel with the floor.
4. Reverse direction, return the arm to original position.
5. Repeat with opposite arm.
NOTE: AFTER COMPLETING YOUR ROUTINE, MAKE SURE TO STRETCH YOUR ARMS (1 minute approximately).
15 MINUTES FOR FIRM ARMS – ADVANCED ROUTINE
You might combine these variations at the gym, as it will require some fitness equipment. Remember, our objective is to work out our triceps, while also working out the entire arm, therefore, the hardest muscle tension, the better. However, do not exaggerate, but adjust weights according to your muscle resistance. A sample routine will be 2 sets of 10-20 repetitions.
1. Push ups (great for general toning, pectorals, shoulders and triceps)
2. Rope Press Down
3. Triceps Overhead Extensions with Rope (excellent!)
4. Two-arm reverse triceps pushdown with short straight bar
5. Reverse Grip Lat Pull down
6. High Pulley Cable Crossovers
7. Flat Dumbbell Fly
8. Seated Dip (THIS IS MY FAVORITE) It works almost all major muscles to
eliminate the JELLY BEANS: triceps, pectoralis jajor, pectoralis minor,
latissimus dorsi, and anterior deltoids)
NOTE: AFTER COMPLETING YOUR ROUTINE, MAKE SURE TO STRETCH YOUR ARMS. (1 minute approximately)
Well, now you have two 15-Minutes Exercise Routine to Firm your Arms (beginning and advanced). I suggest you keep a record of your exercise routine to check progress. Get ready to start waving again without being afraid of the jiggling effect. No excuse not to have those toned and firm arms. Just make sure once you reach your goal to wave back at me I will be waving too!! CIAOOOOOO