Have you thought about how your holiday decorating affects the environment? What can you do about your holiday decorating to improve your happiness and at the same time be kind to the environment?
The good news, taking action to decorate your home and office for the holidays, while keeping respect for the environment, makes your workload easier.
Conquer holiday stress with simplicity. Keep your decorations to a minimum. Simple holiday decorating makes your life easier to manage.
Simple decorating doesn”t mean no impact. You can use Environmental Psychology strategies to achieve a stunning display with less work. At the same time, you can save money on new holiday decorations.
Eignt Environmental Psychology Holiday Decorating Tips
1. Too many small items in a small space tire the eye and overload the brain. Don”t go over the top with holiday decorations. Don”t spend your money foolishly on a lot of cluttering ornamentation.
2. Choose a few large holiday decorations to make a bold statement. Bright and deep colors take up more visual space.
3. Make a gorgeous framed note on parchment that says: “We love the earth and choose to celebrate with nature.”
4. Work with the holiday decorations you already have. Renew tired ornaments with non-toxic craft paint.
5. Decorate with consumable food, like nuts, fresh fruit, and cookies.
6. Decorate with Mother Nature. Cuttings of evergreens bring respite to tired eyes and fresh aroma to enclosed stale air.
7. Increase your office productivity and business prosperity. When people feel happy, they accomplish more. Take a tip from music therapy expert Enicia Fisher: Play easily-recognized soft music without voices. This encourages signing or humming to oneself to fill in the lyrics.
8. Instead of hanging lights all over your home, concentrate on the front entry to attract the eye and make all feel welcome.
Defeat holiday stress this year. Use holiday decorating ideas that protect the environment and yourself.