Ezine marketing has come of age.
Beyond argument and controversy today, an ezine is accepted to be the most effective online marketing tool, one with the highest return on investment. In simple terms, ezine marketing gives the biggest bang for your buck.
Ezine publishing is also fairly straightforward. There are many tools and services that help you get started quickly with very little effort or expense. They let you
create an ezine e.g. Ezine Launch – http://www.EzineMarketingCenter.com/ezinelaunch/
provide you with content e.g. Ezine Writer – http://www.EzineMarketingCenter.com/ezinewriter/
find you subscribers e.g. The Amazing List Machine – http://www.EzineMarketingCenter.com/listmachine/
even sell advertising space for you e.g. The Directory of Ezines – http://www.EzineMarketingCenter.com/doe/
Not surprisingly, several hundred ezines are being launched every day. Anyone can do it – and many people do.
Therein lies the problem. Not all these ezines will be marketing successes.
Because too many ezines that are published today are worthless.
I”m sure you”ve seen them too. Poorly designed and formatted, full of ads and marketing hype, with little useful content and – worst of all – totally lacking in focus, trying to be everything to everyone.
These are the ezines I would unsubscribe from after reading just one or two issues.
And I”m sure you would too.
The sheer number and variety of available ezines is forcing subscribers to be hypercritical and choosy about the ones they finally elect to keep. Limited time and interest spans add to the challenge faced by ezine publishers.
You now need to publish the perfect ezine, one that will capture and retain your reader”s attention – atleast until they can be converted into customers.
Which is why you have to learn to do it correctly, differently, better than anyone else.
And you need a guide to hold you by the hand and lead you step by step through the processes involved in ezine publishing – like The Ezine Masters – http://www.EzineMarketingCenter.com/ezinemasters/
But the perfect ezine is not easy to create.
Not impossible, not very difficult, just … not easy.
You need to know what to do. And then, step by step, you”ll move steadily towards that goal.
So where do you begin?
There are four broad stages in ezine publishing:
– Process Planning: creating a blueprint for your ezine including the topic you will write about, frequency of publishing, nature of content, proposed revenue streams, target audience, expected growth rates and more
– Designing: deciding the layout, format and appearance of your ezine and preparing templates
– Creation: getting down to the nuts and bolts of creating content and putting together each edition
– Distribution: setting up a delivery system to sign up new readers, send them each issue of your ezine, handling feedback and list administration
And each of these major steps is made up of dozens and dozens of smaller action steps, each of which is equally important to your business success. It is a lot of work to get these different processes working together like well-oiled machinery.
The upside, of course, is that the profits are high.
Sure, it”s hard work to get started. You”ll need to plan your ezine, create content, set up an ezine management process, and grow your readership with smart effective promotion. All of this can take two or three months.
But soon you”ll have a large, devoted group of readers who trust you – and to whom you can market your business over and over, for a long time.
At no extra cost !
To help you get started, here are some useful ezine publishing resources:
– Brian Alt”s Email Publishing Digest at http://www.epdigest.com/
– Mark Brownlow”s Keeping The Key report at http://www.EzineMarketingCenter.com/brownlow/
– Michael Green”s E-Z Ezine Toolkit at http://www.EzineMarketingCenter.com/ezinetoolkit/
– Create Email Newsletters at http://www.create-email-newsletters.com
Books and Courses
– Chris Pirillo”s Email Publishing at http://www.TheEzineCenter.com/pirillo/
– Dr.Mani”s Ezine Launch at http://www.EzineMarketingCenter.com/ezinelaunch/
– The Ezine Masters at http://www.EzineMarketingCenter.com/ezinemasters/
– Michael Southon”s Ezine Writer at http://www.EzineMarketingCenter.com/ezinewriter/
Good luck and happy e-publishing