Don”t you hated when you start to do something in particular
and all of the sudden you find yourself distracted once
again doing something else, without finishing what you set
out to do in the first place?
It happens to me all the time. I start the day focusing into
one thing and then by the end of the day end up doing
something completely different.
I think some people get bored doing one thing only, so we
are easy to get side-tracked.
That”s why I decided to investigate more about Setting
Goals. I found some great information and decided to setup a
site to help others as well into Setting their Own goals and
sticking to them until they have achieved them.
Here you will find some usefull tips for getting your goals
into shape and achieved.
The key to successful goal setting is your ability to
motivate yourself and stay motivated until you have achieved
Stay focused…it is extremely important to take
your goals seriously and you will achieve any goals you set
your mind to do.
First, let”s take a look at what motivation really is.
Motivation is not a product of outside influence; it is a
natural product of your desire to achieve something and your
belief that you are capable of doing it
Positive goals that are geared toward your pleasure are much
more powerful motivators than negative ones that are based
on fear. The right combination of both is the most powerful
and motivating mix.
Now let”s look at what you can actually do to motivate
yourself and stay that way.
1. Start with visualizing your future success and model the
feelings you”ll experience when you achieve it
2. Mentally walk the path towards this success and base your
feelings at different milestones on the way
3. Assign a high priority to each task that you must achieve
which will give each task a priority in your mind
4. Set a target for the amount of work you will do each day
toward your goals
5. Visualize the desired outcome: Create a picture of what
the desired outcome will look like, and have this vision in
your mind at all times
6. Set milestones of the things you like to do and the
things that you are good at
7. Use visual indicators to monitor progress and complete
8. Give yourself affirmations to remind yourself of how
capable you are at reaching your goals
9. Watch movies that motivate you
10. Listen to music that motivates you
11. If you work better with competition, make a deal with a
friend or family member to compete for the goal for example
who gets there first! It can be hypothetical and doesn”t
necessarily have to be for real
12. Get help and support from people around you or from a
professional in the field for example a personal trainer,
finance manager etc.
13. Define your own version of success, don”t let others
define success for you
14. Ignore any negative influences or responses to your
15. Make a conscious effort to do better than you have ever
done in the past
16. Focus on the positive achievements and not the negatives
17. Share your successes with others as this will keep you
focused and help you voice your accomplishments which will
realize your achievements for you
18. Acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses and work on
19. Train yourself to finish what you start by refusing to
quit until you are done
20. Don”t be afraid to make mistakes and don”t punish
yourself for making them Express your goals in a positive
way. That is a key component to setting goals that you can
Express your goals in a positive way. That is a key component
to setting goals that you can attain.