Making prospecting calls in MLM for many is so difficult the majority never even make any! If you dont pick up the phone and contact people your business will never grow because the telephone is the most important tool at your disposal.
You can”t build a large check sitting behind a PC being a computer jockey. It can help to get things going for your business by leveraging your time with your autoresponder messages being read while you”re asleep, but prospects will need to hear your voice. Hearing someone”s voice eases many concerns about the unknown!
Prospects need to feel they can trust, know or like you before they will do business with you.
How do you get over the fear of making prospecting calls? By picking up the phone and taking ACTION TODAY. Not someday because the road to someday leads to the town of nowhere!! You only become competent at something, by first gaining experience.
And you can”t gain experience if you don”t take action. You don”t have to get it right, you just have to get it going!! Fall forward fast, make mistakes and learn from your experiences. It will be fun 🙂 I have.
I was the biggest scardy cat out there and made one prospecting call in five years! Guess how big my check was after five years… zilch!!
Enough was enough!! I decided I could do it because I had nothing to lose and everything to gain… what was the worst that could happen? Nothing! It wasn”t that the prospect could chase after me for calling him up… I lived 3,000 miles away across a great expanse of Atlantic ocean 🙂
It helps if you”re not calling people out of the phone book too! For that you need thick skin and brass balls 😉 It”s not the way to build a downline…because it”s not duplicatable.
What you need are people who have already opted-in who have asked for information. Then you become a problem solver and not a salesman. You can do this by purchasing MLM leads, creating a lead capture site or by simply talking with people you meet.
When you call always try and solve that persons problems:
It then becomes a sorting and sifting process.
These prospects want your call, so get on the phone, be on purpose and know what you”re going to say…SMILE and dial. Read on for 10 proven strategies to help you become competent with the telephone for your MLM recruiting.
1. Reap what you sow! What does that mean? Its vital you keep prospecting to keep the funnel full. The prospecting funnel is the life-blood of your network marketing business. Its the heartbeat of your business.
2. Use must use your product or service no matter what you recommend. If you dont use your product you are going to have a tough time convincing your prospects to use it. What is your personal story?
3. Ask yourself what are your prospects most fundamental concerns are. Become a problem solver match your business opportunity or product to their primary wants.
4. If you dont succeed totally on a prospecting call, qualify them for the future. Follow up again in 6 months to check if your prospects circumstances have changed.
5. Go back to high potential prospects that didnt join or purchase your product. You have a much better chance when you go back because you have developed your skills over a period of time.
6. When leaving a message with a machine or person identify yourself. Identify yourself with your title and where youre calling from because it adds credibility.
7. When leaving a message on voicemail speak slowly and clearly. It gives your listener time to take notes. Always repeat important details.
8. Prepare your voicemail strategy before making your call. Prepare what youre actually going to say. You will sound more confident and more competent.
9. Every time you leave a voicemail message be certain to insert something of value and interest. Your prospect needs a reason to take action.
10. Dont be too concerned with the best time to call a prospect. The best time to call is when youre available. If youre not on the phone you dont have any chance reaching anyone.
To Your Success,